DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2009-10-30 19:44:35

costanza

Intermittent connection Problem

Hey there,

I'm now running windows 7 (last week XP) and have been having problems with connection to my DSM-G600 Version 2.1 for any length of time...   

It keeps timing out so I'm not able to copy to or from the unit from my main pc.   If I run ping tests to DSM while trying to copy it mainly times out...

I have them both hard wired into my DIR-655 Router.  None of my pc's are running wirelessly including the DSM-G600, I only have it configured for direct connect, and have not configured wireless on it.

My Vista laptop can copy to and from the unit, but very slowly, and I lose connection quite often with a mapped network drive with laptop hard plugged to router.  My other pc just keeps getting time outs...  I thought maybe a network problem, but all else seems fine.  I have it all set for 1GB traffic...

Any ideas where to start?  Can I upgrade to Firware 1.02 (is my unit compatible for that)???

Any help is hugely appreciated!!!

I have a 500 GB drive installed.  I bought it to be able to access it from my main computer, but haven't really been able to so far...

I thought it may be a port issue, so have switched ports on all.  I thought maybe nic cable issue, so am using a different cable.   I thought maybe it's an O/S problem, so I installed Windows 7, still the same problem...  Maybe it's the nic card, but I don't want to spend the money on a new one in case that's not the problem.  If that will help, I'll gladly do it though...

Any thoughts or anything you can think of for me to try to get it working better???

H-e-l-p!!!!

Thanks!!

Last edited by costanza (2009-10-30 19:46:54)

#2 2009-11-01 23:48:49

costanza

Re: Intermittent connection Problem

Me again...  I can download from the unit a little bit, but uploading from the one computer does not work, it just hangs and then loses connection... 

I'm using a DIR-655 and my hub at 1gb, and I would have thought it would work well with another Dlink product?

Any ideas to help make it work properly??? 

Any settings I could change that may help?  Again everyting is plugged into the DIR-655 router, nothing is running wirelessly, so I would have thought I'd get better connection to the DSM-G600...

#3 2009-11-02 21:29:19

sala
Member / Site Admin
Website

I have hard time understanding all coping, timeout and access problems.... Please just point out all different key problems and I can try to answer them.

But for router problems, you could use cross cable to remove router from your setup to see if it helps. For firmware upgrade, just look if its rev A or rev B model. rev B is good to go with firmwares available at http://dns323.kood.org/downloads/?dir=./firmware (select us version even if you don't live in states, because its newer version, but it might violate warranty. To be sure you must ask D-Link).

DSM-G600 - NetBSD hdd-boot - 80GB Samsung SP0802N
NSA-220 - Gentoo armv5tel 20110121 hdd-boot - 2x 2TB WD WD20EADS

#4 2009-11-03 19:27:53

costanza

Thanks Sala,

I'll try the cross over cable and see If I can upload and download properly that way.

The main problem I'm having is that from my Windows 7 computer, connecting through a DIR-655 router, I cannot copy files from my computer to the DSM-G600...  It hangs, and loses connection to the DSM box...

My nic card is set to 1GB, the DIR-655 is 1GB, and I have DSM-G600 set to auto (I tried hard coding it to 1GB as well), and I still lose connection from the computer to the DSM-G600 box. 

I'm running the latest patch you mentioned above, and still have the same problem.  It's the B1 version that I have...

I'm just trying to figure out what I can do to try and make it work for me, and appreciate any ideas anyone has to offer.

I have the DSM set to hard code the IP address, and not DHCP, so that it doesn't change, but I don't think this is causing the problem?

Anyways, if you have any other suggestions I'll try them for sure, and I'll try the x-over cable to see if I can then copy to and from the box without issue.  If I'm able to, the problem is likely the DIR-655 router that I have...

Cheers!

#5 2009-11-04 12:24:59

sala
Member / Site Admin
Website

Do ftp connection has same problem?

DSM-G600 - NetBSD hdd-boot - 80GB Samsung SP0802N
NSA-220 - Gentoo armv5tel 20110121 hdd-boot - 2x 2TB WD WD20EADS

#6 2009-11-04 19:59:37

costanza

sala wrote:

Do ftp connection has same problem?

I'll check when I get home Sala...  Thanks!!!

Board footer