DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2009-12-19 03:55:16

Messudieh

trouble configuring transmission on DNS-321

New to the forum, and new to fun_plug on my DNS-321. I have managed to get it installed, logged in as root, and get transmission installed as described here.

I followed the instructions on how to configure it, and I can't seem to get my browser to connect. I get the generic "403: forbidden unauthorized IP address" message.

I've followed the instructions on the original post, and transmission is installed to the default .transmission-daemon folder on volume_1. Whenever I type in the first line of code under the configuration section, I never get a line about transmission starting, it just goes into the general help page of transmission that lists all of the options for transmission-daemon.

When I type in "sh /ffp/start/transmission.sh stop" I get a line saying transmission is stopping, and when I try to put in the IP to access the web interface, I get a 'problem loading page' message from firefox.

when I put in the line "transmission-daemon -f -g /mnt/HD_a2/.transmission-daemon -t -u <username> -v <password> -a 127.0.0.1,192.168.*.*" I still get the same problem loading page message

when I put in "sh /ffp/start/transmission.sh start" I get the message that transmission is starting, but I still get the 403 forbidden message.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Also, I am making sure to put in a proper username and password

Last edited by Messudieh (2009-12-19 04:00:51)

#2 2009-12-19 09:35:19

thunderzhao

Re: trouble configuring transmission on DNS-321

there is a log file under /mnt/HD_a2/.transmission-daemon
look for error msg there
also, you can change settings directly in settings.json with nano
I can't get the command line setting either

you can also download a remote access software and try to connect to the server
http://code.google.com/p/transmisson-remote-gui/

#3 2009-12-20 03:42:33

Messudieh

It worked! Wow ... it worked, but man ... that was a lot more work than I expected. Regardless, I am happy it worked.

I had to download extra packages outlined here then install and run nano as described here.

After that, I needed to stop and restart the daemon, and it finally gave me access. I downloaded all of the packages from both fonz and Uli, so I have about an extra 200 megs of packages on my NAS now. I might come across some use for them in the future, we will see.

Now, the new problem is that I am getting the following error from the web interface: "No Such File or Directory /home/root/Downloads" I added the 'downloads folder to the options in transmission. I'm wondering where these folders should be located. I'm guessing I should just create them myself.

#4 2009-12-20 07:25:55

Messudieh

Fixed my own problem. went back into nano and changed the download location to "/mnt/hd_a2/torrents", and I created that folder on my drive. Everything is downloading just fine now.

Board footer