DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2010-03-08 03:32:27

emailpr

AFP Stuck on Connecting.....

I have enabled AFP shares on the dns-323 to work with my mac computers.. the ICON shows up on the finder.. but when I click on it, it gets stuck on "connecting.." I've even tried "connect as" to log in as admin.. that doesn't seem to work either..

I have set up afp using Avinash Netoo's procedure as detailed here..
http://www.noulakaz.net/weblog/2009/11/ … e-dns-323/

some other person here gave an idea that under /ffp/etc/netatalk/AppleVolumes.default I need to specify /mnt/HD_a2/subfolder Volume_1 for this to work.. and I tried that and it worked.. but the problem with that is that it'll only open up the subfolder and not the parent Volume_1 where I have other folders existing..

does anybody know how to fix this???

your help is much appreciated.

p.s. I am running snow leopard.

#2 2010-03-08 03:48:04

emailpr

Re: AFP Stuck on Connecting.....

also, just fyi.. someone said the problem was due to .appleDB and .appledesktop files..and that deleting them should do it.. but..  I DO NOT have these files under Volume_1.

#3 2010-03-08 05:17:25

emailpr

Re: AFP Stuck on Connecting.....

okay I think I fixed it.. it WAS the .apple hidden files.. and at first I thought I didn't have these files.. I just randomly typed in ls -a when logged into the device and I could see these files.. apparently they were hidden and I didn't realize that..

after deleting them.. it worked like a charm.

Board footer