DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2010-03-16 15:21:24

nalb

Cannot telnet into DNS 323 to correct faulty .boostrap files

Hi All,

I installed funplug on my DNS-323 and operated ot successfully for a few weeks and recently decided to try to move it to a usb drive using the method described here

http://dns323.kood.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4631

Part of this method involves running a script from .bootstrap folder (created in \mnt\HD_a2) which attempts to mount the usb drive and then run ffp from it.

Problem is i edited this file, and caused an error which results in ffp not loading at all from the original ffp location on HD_a2 or from the mounted usb.

Now heres the real kicker. Because ffp wont run its start scripts i cant telnet into the DNS323 to change any thing. Windows wont let me change, modify or delete anything in the bootstrap folder as expected.

Realising i was royally screwed i copied my DNS323 files and tried to do a RAID 1 reformat and start from scratch, but i just keep getting and error (i think the code is 107) and some forum searching leads me to believe i have to rename the ffp folder since the DNS-323 doesnt like it whilst trying to reformat. I cant do this either because i cant telnet into it.

I have run out of ideas and was hoping someone could offer me some help. If i could just delete the .bootstrap folder i think id be okay cos i think the the original ffp would run as normal and start the telnet server script.

ive only started with ffp the last month and im operating a windows system, so im a bit of a newbie although i successfully managed to get a torrent client, a usenet client and mediatomb configured and running so im not totally useless.

Thanks for any help in advance

#2 2010-03-16 16:31:59

karlrado

Re: Cannot telnet into DNS 323 to correct faulty .boostrap files

If you can edit the fun_plug script, you can comment out the lines that execute the scripts in .bootstrap:

Code:

if [ -x $FFP_SETUP_SCRIPT ]; then
    echo "* Running $FFP_SETUP_SCRIPT ..."
    . $FFP_SETUP_SCRIPT
fi

This will skip the USB device setup that is now causing you problems and try to start ffp without it.

DNS-323 FW 1.07 : 2 1TB WD Caviar Green SATA : fun_plug: utelnet + optware (no ffp)

#3 2010-03-16 17:06:57

nalb

Re: Cannot telnet into DNS 323 to correct faulty .boostrap files

Excellent,
Many thanks karlrado, worked a treat, much appreciated

Board footer