DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2010-04-23 18:07:42

DarkHorseDre

Cannot map more than one share from XP

Hello all,

I've tried to search the net and this forum on this topic, but no real progress.

The issue is that I have (always) had 2 shares on my DNS 323: \Media, and \Volume_1 (default)

I had drive z mapped to Volume_1;
I had drive y mapped to Media;

Of recent, I have been getting the following error from windows when I try to map/reconnect these shares:
"system error 1219" - saying that I am not allowed to map more than one drive to the same share or use the same user for multiple shares.
The thing is that this always worked before. 

I have the probloem on my Win XP Pro sp2 pc, and had it in the past with my laptop of same o/s, but it miraculously fixed itself (admittedly I regularly close-down the laptop whereas the pc runs 24/7 and rebooting is non-preferred).

I have tried removing and re-adding the maps from explorer and "net use * /d" etc.
I have tried deleting entries from the registry and to be honest I just want to know how to fix this and what is causing it as it seems like a mystery anywhere I've looked!

Any idea's?

DNS is running version 1.08, with fun_plug, however today I renamed the fun_plug folder and the file in root with an underscore as leading character - I hope that disabled it smile

DHD

DNS-323 as stock, with ffp.  Version 1.08, WinXp SP2 on Dell PC and HP laptop. GigE on all links & switch. 802.11g wireless :\

#2 2010-05-06 17:48:57

DarkHorseDre

Re: Cannot map more than one share from XP

Meh, thanks for the responses peeps smile

Issue work-around:

System error 1219 is by design, so M$ say (despite the fact that I could map more than one drive with different accounts ont he DNS-323 up until recently) and the work around is:

1) create an entry in your host file for the dns (e.g. "<ip_of_dns-323> DNS-323" - once you saves yours hosts file, you can ping the name "dns-323" from that pc only)
- or create a DNS entry if you have a DNS server!
2) map the drive the usual way using the ip address
3) map the second drive with the other user name using the DNS/hosts name instead of IP
4) windows will let you map more than one drive with multiple credentials: it treats the two connections as independent due to it seeing the  IP and name separately.

*Why do I need two maps with different user names?  one is read-only (for certain users and applications e.g.media players, xbox etc) and one is for admin and copying data to the dns-323.

DNS-323 as stock, with ffp.  Version 1.08, WinXp SP2 on Dell PC and HP laptop. GigE on all links & switch. 802.11g wireless :\

Board footer