DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2010-05-08 02:48:25

mhouston100

Transmission 1.92 flooding internet connection

Hi guys, I'm having an issue using transmission for BT downloads from my DNS-323.  Everything works fine BT-wise however when any BT downloadis active it floods the internet connection, ruining the web connection from any other PC on the network.

I'm not talking about just slowdown (which is acceptable as I have a slow ADSL connection) but completely flooding it.  Websites fail to connect 3/4 times, when pages do come up they are missing formatting and images and it is painfully slow.

All these connection issues are regardless of upload / download speeds.  For instance if I completely restrict uploads to 0 and downloads to about 10% of the total speed I still have the same issue.

I'm leaning towards there being too many simultaneous connections being the issue but cant see where to change this in the web interface, or in the config files.

Any help is greatly appreciated guys and I will have many beers tonight on your behalf!

Thanks!

#2 2010-05-08 11:42:34

Pejn

Re: Transmission 1.92 flooding internet connection

Hi,
im no expert but maybe try lowering the "peer-limit-global": 240 and "peer-limit-per-torrent": 60, in settings.json file? its located in a hidden folder called .transmission-daemon.

Board footer