DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2010-05-09 07:42:57

wrlee

funpkg problems? I have a fix

I have attached a "fix" to the funpkg script that was causing me problems. If you, like me, have installed the FFP utilities to a separate folder, e.g., /ffp --> /mnt/HD_a2/dns-323/fun-plug-05.d (whose directory name is not end with "/ffp", then you'll want this version--or you can remember to specify the -D command).  Installations would be installed into /mnt/HD_a2/dns-323/fun-plug-05.d/ffp/... rather than to the directories below /mnt/HD_a2/dns-323/fun-plug-05.d/... and not be usable, as anticipated.

So, if you are having troubles which are discouraging you from trying out the other packages that are available, try my script out.  I put it somewhere and delete the official version and create a link to this version so that updates to the official one do not destroy this version.

chmod a+x /fullpath_to_funpkg/funpkg
  mv /ffp/sbin/funpkg /ffp/sbin/funpkg.official
  ln -s /fullpath_to_funpkg/funpkg /ffp/sbin/funpkg

The problem was that the original funpkg checks to see what the "true" path to the utilities are which are mapped to /ffp. The problem is that the location of my directory is not at .../ffp. The official script takes the path that /ffp is mapped to, then takes its directory name (which excludes the actual final directory name), then suffixes it with "ffp". I simplified this to just use the directory that /ffp points to. (I would think this would be a universal fix, but I'm sure it was written in its original form on purpose). 

(If I figure out how to submit this for consideration for inclusion in the official package... I will do that).

Bill...

Attachments:
Attachment Icon funpkg, Size: 7,123 bytes, Downloads: 186

Board footer