DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2010-07-19 11:55:02

innovine

fan probs? too hot?

I started to wonder about shutting off the fan to reduce the noise (constant and quite loud) but immediately ran into the following, which I think is weird. It is hot here, but not this hot... also, the fan is definitely spinning...
any suggestions?

root@Gulliver:~# temperature g 0
Temperature type : Fahrenheit
<temperaturertc>: get temperature = 104
root@Gulliver:~# temperature g 1
Temperature type : Fahrenheit
<temperaturertc>: get temperature = 167
root@Gulliver:~# fanspeed g

Do these values sound normal? I'm not doing particularly much with it right now besides being telnetted in. Why am I getting a fanspeed of 1? Are these temperature values dependable?

#2 2010-08-06 11:22:25

innovine

Re: fan probs? too hot?

Am I the ONLY one who gets these results?

#3 2010-08-13 01:48:23

vishnumrao

Re: fan probs? too hot?

I don't know if temperature g 1 is a valid command!

Link : http://nas-tweaks.net/CH3SNAS:Tutorials/fancontrol

Above link says

*  temperature - shows the actual temperature (on some devices in Fahrenheit and on others in Celsius) by entering the command "temperature g 0"
    * fanspeed - returns the current fan speed when you enter "fanspeed g". It can also set a new fan speed by entering the command "fanspeed w YourFanSpeed" (where YourFanSpeed is the desired speed in Rotations Per Minute).

On mine temperature g 0 shows temperature to be 114 F. Your drives seem to be running much cooler. BTW, I had read on one of the posts at the Dlink forums that the temperature sensor is actually measuring the temperature of the space in between the drives, and not of the drives themselves.

Board footer