DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2011-03-20 22:07:33

blizzak

Reformat RAID 1 hangs at 0% on "Raid Configuration" screen, ffp,twonky

Hey all,

I've had this DNS-323 for probably 5 years at least, possibly longer, amazing to think it's been that long.  Haven't actually redone it at all since the first time.  Along the way, I upgraded the firmware (it's at 1.09 now), installed funplug, got it to boot off a usb key (but have since removed that, or it never worked quite right in the first place), installed twonky media and most recently transmission.  After getting huge amounts of fragmentation a little while back (see here: http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=15035.15 for more info), I decided it would be a good time to take all the files off and either just put'm back on or format and start over.  The format and start over seems more appealing, but I'm running into a snag.

I go ahead to the tools page of the unit, select raid 1, the size, no auto rebuild and go and it just hangs at 0% on the formatting screen.  I can see the network light flashing on the unit but neither of the hard drive lights are doing anything.  The only thing I can think is that funplug is somehow not allowing this to happen.  Do you guys figure that's the case?  I'm thinking of just taking out both drives and formatting then, cleaning out the inside of the 323 (cause it could probably use it smile), putting them back in and trying again.  Thoughts?  Can I just do this somehow manually via SSH?

If I do end up doing this (which will probably be in the next couple hours), I'll report back with how it went.  If anyone has any advice, or by doing this you know I am on the brink of totally messing something up, please write back ASAP.

#2 2011-03-20 23:24:47

blizzak

Re: Reformat RAID 1 hangs at 0% on "Raid Configuration" screen, ffp,twonky

Sweet, I took both drives out and formatted them NTFS (since I was accessing through windows), put'm back in and the web interface came up right away for formatting.  Setup the options I wanted and she's going along just fine now.  Hopefully won't be too much trouble to get back up and running.

Board footer