DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2009-02-17 03:36:35

scaryogre

iTunes Server Problem...Duplicates?

I have a DNS-323 firmware 1.05 with iTunes server enabled.

My issue is using iTunes I click on my DNS-323 that shows up in the iTunes list.  What I see are duplicates of all my songs.  They are identical, two entries for each song.

However, if I browse to my DNS-323 using Explorer the duplicates do not exist.  There is only one copy of each song physically on the drive under each respective Album/Song folder.

I have several PCs in the house (my wife and my own) and have copied her iTunes music as well as my iTunes music from our local hard drives to the DNS-323 so they are all consolidated in one place.

Is there a way to fix this so only one entry per song appears?  Again, all I can find is one physical copy on the DNS-323.  Is this a bug in the DNS-323 iTunes Server or is it iTunes?  Or did I do something wrong in setting this DNS-323 up somehow?

Any suggestions/recommendations on how to fix this is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

scaryogre

Last edited by scaryogre (2009-02-17 03:37:12)

#2 2009-02-18 02:53:30

scaryogre

Re: iTunes Server Problem...Duplicates?

Fixed my issue and posting back in case it helps someone else.

I had accidently set the iTunes Server share to the "root" of the DNS-323.  I have been doing backups of my home directory to another directory on the NAS.  Thus, the iTunes Server on the DNS-323 was parsing through the root of the filesystem finding duplicates due to MY DOCUMENTS being backed up into another directory (which also contained my iTunes folder on the local drive).

So the DNS-323 was behaving properly...it was my own oversight.  smile  Once I set the iTunes share to be /iTunes and did a refresh all the duplicates went away...

Hope this helps someone else...

#3 2011-08-12 20:00:19

esebag

Re: iTunes Server Problem...Duplicates?

Tnx, i was wondering about this issue as well. smile

Now if i can get my iphone to connect to the same itunes server without the need to go through my laptop. suggestions anyone?

Board footer