DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2011-09-10 04:15:55

jebise

Just got the DNS-323 and need to HACK!!

I been reading a lot of threads that lets do things the 323 cannot do out of the box. But they all seem out dated and not relevant anymore, so i come here to seek answers. I have upgraded to 1.09 and have Rev B1 device, so to the questions.

1A.) How stable is Alt-F compared to stock
1B.)what does Alt-F add that stock is missing? 1.09 seems complete to me with all the addons.
2.) Is fun-plug really need? and if YES. What is the easiest way to install it on my DNS-323 B1?
3.) The DNS-325 has photo viewer is there anything similar to that for the 323? I have allot of pictures and usually send them to family via ftp but if i can just create albums and let them view over the net without downloading that would be ideal.
4A.) The built in torrent client what does it lack that Transmission adds? 
4B.) I sometimes use private trackers and they have  restriction on clients and features like DHT, so can this be disabled on the stock BT client?
4C.) The transmission remote GUI is it what i think it is? let you control transmission client installed on the NAS via PC.
5.) This is probably the most important question. Can fun-plug cause a brick?
6.) FW 1.10 how stable is it and what new features does it add? i could not find a changelog.

All the features stock FW has seems enough to me the only thing missing is the photo viewer type app, like i don't see any use in installing fun-plug/ALT-F other then getting a better torrent client and a photo viewer app, or am i mistaken?

P.S What about the Audio Streamer app the DNS-325 has?

Last edited by jebise (2011-09-10 04:26:23)

#2 2011-09-12 03:05:10

bodbod

Re: Just got the DNS-323 and need to HACK!!

what about browsing and looking at numerous previous post answering to your questions ?

Board footer