DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2011-12-30 19:35:59

rutyit

Mounting Usb drive to different folder then the current default

Hello folks,

I'm a bit of a Linux noob so please bear with me.  I recently installed Alt-f (on top of vendor firmware) and it has been running very nicely on my dns-323, it auto mounts usb drive really well, prior to alt-f I had to follow bunch of steps to manually load the drivers and mount it. 

Since it auto mount the usb drive, is there a way to specify where the usb drive should be mounted to?  right now I have to mount it manually to second mounting point with the "mount -o" command.  I have miniDLNA and samba setup to use the folder structure such as /mnt/multimedia/movies, so I would like the usb to be mounted to a folder under this folder structure.

Can someone please help me with this?

Any help is much appreciated.

#2 2012-01-10 19:26:08

jcard

Re: Mounting Usb drive to different folder then the current default

You can add a label to the filesystem, e.g., "Movies" and it will mounted by label name, /mnt/Movies. Then create a link for it where you want it, e.g.

ln -s /mnt/Movies /mnt/multimedia/movies

The contents of /mnt/Movies will appear as if they are in /mnt/multimedia/movies.

For a faster "service" please use Alt-F google group

Please consider discussing Alt-F at http://groups.google.com/group/alt-f/topics
Please consider filling Alt-F bugs at http://code.google.com/p/alt-f/issues/list

#3 2012-01-17 03:39:34

rutyit

Re: Mounting Usb drive to different folder then the current default

Thank you Jcard, I thought no one going reply, almost gave up looking.

Your solution sounds good, I will give it a try.

Cheers

Board footer