DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2007-07-08 13:39:47

audifreakje

settings lost after power interruption?

for the second time now, I am unable to map a drive either via easysearch or via windows after a power interruption.
what I did initially to solve the problem is load firmware 1.03 and then map the drive in windows (vista), no problem to work with the device.
last night I powered down the dlink and now again am unable to access it ?
I went to the homepage and did find my settings are still in there.
Please tell me there is a save option to shutdown/power off the device ... without loosing settings

#2 2007-07-08 15:17:51

fordem

Re: settings lost after power interruption?

That's what the manual is for wink.

You can power the unit off by a) holding the front panel button down until the power light starts to flash or b) through the web interface, however I believe some users have reported the need to log in to the web interface and "touch" the settings after restarting the unit - you might want to check the wiki for known issues - although, personally I've experienced very few of the known issues.

#3 2007-07-08 15:37:43

audifreakje

so far I shut down the device with the button, I'll try to do it with the webpage in the future and see if that changes anything.
the wiki mentions "You need first to log on to the DNS, go to the NETWORK ACCESS section and “touch” at least one rule. Still not corrected in FW 1.03..."
tried that and tada successfully mapped the drive again.
If you're asking me, great device, but not enough "official" support

#4 2007-07-08 22:39:27

fordem

audifreakje wrote:

If you're asking me, great device, but not enough "official" support

I though that was what linux & open source was all about - you have to support it as best you can and here, we'll even give you the source code to make it easier wink

#5 2007-07-09 00:42:36

Tack

Audi -
this is a real problem, that I have not found a "supported" work around for - I simply telnet in to the device and issue "smb restart" - am about to add that to my fun-plug ( all Hail fonz!!).
If you are using Vista have you seen this?
http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPo … p;SiteID=1
May also help.... big_smile
Good luck

Last edited by Tack (2007-07-11 08:40:15)

Tack
Canberra
Australia

#6 2007-07-09 08:35:47

audifreakje

@Tack; yes I had already seen the info about vista and Samba

#7 2007-07-11 09:23:12

audifreakje

just wanted to add that it doesn't make a difference if I shutdown the device via the webpage/button or after power interruption; the result is always the same: device is not immediately available (waiting on a solution, cause when I'm away from home for a longer period of time, I tend to powerdown everything that is not needed)

#8 2007-07-11 12:57:56

Aidan

Audifreakje, I've occasionally had similar problems when trying to access the drives after rebooting the NAS. I've found that if I change the name of the DNS323 in the LAN settings, that I can map to it using Easy Search utility. Bit of a pain having to do this after each reboot but seems to get around the problem.

Hope this helps.

Board footer