DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#26 2012-03-11 01:52:33

DLGolden

Re: ffp 0.7 available

Any particular reason klogd and syslogd are missing? I've got to go back to 0.5

#27 2012-03-11 21:55:06

Adz

woogie wrote:

Thanks for releasing 0.7.  It's working quite well for me with 1 exception:  the DBD cnid scheme in Netatalk is broken.  Any time cnid_dbd is invoked, it segfaults.  The easiest way to demonstrate the problem is to run the following:

dbd -d .

in a directory that is an AFP share.  I am able to use the TDB scheme, so I have something working for now, but I pretty sure DBD is a better long term option.  Is anyone else seeing this?  Am I missing some obvious fix to the problem?

Update:  The problem was that DB5 was built with --enable-smallbuild, which means it didn't include all the functionality that Netatalk depends on.  When I rebuilt DB5 without it, everything started working properly.

This is certainly a show-stopper for anyone who wants TimeMachine support using ffp 0.7. I tried upgrading from a working ffp 0.5 TimeMachine implementation, and this forced me back down to 0.5. TimeMachine needs a work netatalk, and afpd and cnid_metad needs to spawn working chid_dbd's to work. Otherwise people see the infamous 'read-only CNID' message.

As boogie points out, if the ffp 0.7 db5 package could be re-compiled/packaged so that this works, 0.7 + TimeMachine support should work just fine.

#28 2012-03-14 20:08:45

celio

Has anyone checked ffp 0.7 interoperability with optware? I imagine I am not the only one who has a combination of /ffp and /opt packages coexisting and prioritized by PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variables. So far for me with ffp 0.5 it has worked great and I can get the best of both worlds: use ffp as primary falling back to optware for packages not available for ffp.

I just wonder if optware packages will now start to fail due to the new toolchain used in ffp 0.7. Or is optware already using the same toolchain as ffp 0.7? Does anyone know?

Thanks!

#29 2012-04-11 14:56:43

Willy

Has anyone had anymore luck with netatalk? I just upgraded to FFP 0.7 on my DNS-323 and I'm getting the CNID errors. I saw Woogie mention that db5 needs to be recompiled. Anyone have any info on how to do this or how to get around it? Sorry, I'm very much a newb with this thing.

Thanks heaps for the awesome work guys. It's come a long way since I first looked at it a few years back.

#30 2012-04-26 14:07:14

Willy

I'm really stuck with this. I managed to rebuild dbd and removed the enable-smallbuild parameter, but I'm still getting these CNID errors. DBD seems to be working OK. I can use dbd -d and it gives no errors. dbd -r (rebuild) also works. Does anyone have any ideas? Anyone know where the log files are stored?

#31 2012-04-27 13:49:57

Willy

Horray! It's working. I needed to add /ffp/sbin/cnid_metad to /ffp/start/afpd.sh. For some reason AFPD wasn't starting cnid_metad.

#32 2012-05-01 03:48:57

samcjtsai

Mijzelf wrote:

There is a bug in the rsync package. The example .conf file specifies the pid file as /ffp/var/run/rsyncd.pid, while the start script insists it should be /var/run/rsyncd.pid

Is This bug Fixed?

#33 2012-05-07 13:23:54

Pepeto

Hi

I'm trying to install unrar but I can't do it!!!

I have DNS-320 and ffp 0.7 installed, but I can't found any link or help that works for me!

Please help me.

Thanks

#34 2012-05-12 02:11:50

artemzol

woogie wrote:

Thanks for releasing 0.7.  It's working quite well for me with 1 exception:  the DBD cnid scheme in Netatalk is broken.
[…]
Update:  The problem was that DB5 was built with --enable-smallbuild, which means it didn't include all the functionality that Netatalk depends on.  When I rebuilt DB5 without it, everything started working properly.

Could you share your DB5 package file with us?

#35 2012-05-21 23:46:17

nestoramaya

woogie wrote:

Thanks for releasing 0.7.  It's working quite well for me with 1 exception:  the DBD cnid scheme in Netatalk is broken.  Any time cnid_dbd is invoked, it segfaults.  The easiest way to demonstrate the problem is to run the following:

dbd -d .

in a directory that is an AFP share.  I am able to use the TDB scheme, so I have something working for now, but I pretty sure DBD is a better long term option.  Is anyone else seeing this?  Am I missing some obvious fix to the problem?

Hi,

I am running into the same problem that you describe above. Would you be so kind as to post the instructions on how to rebuild DB5 please?

Thank you in advance!
Nestor

#36 2012-05-25 22:33:01

artemzol

nestoramaya wrote:

woogie wrote:

dbd -d .

Hi,

I am running into the same problem that you describe above. Would you be so kind as to post the instructions on how to rebuild DB5 please?

Thank you in advance!
Nestor

Recompiled version can be found here: db5-5.2.36-oarm-1.txz
I got that version from Willy.
Works great for me.

#37 2012-05-29 04:32:50

nestoramaya

artemzol wrote:

nestoramaya wrote:

woogie wrote:

dbd -d .

Hi,

Thank you in advance!
Nestor

Recompiled version can be found here: db5-5.2.36-oarm-1.txz
I got that version from Willy.
Works great for me.

Thank you kindly for sharing with us, but I cannot use this file on my DNS-343, since the architecture is "oarm" not "arm". I would really appreciate any help on how to build the package myself.

Cheers,
Nestor

#38 2012-05-30 17:00:12

nestoramaya

I’ve had my DNS-343 for many years, but for a Mac user like me, only now is it finally useable. Here’s how I did it:

1) I followed the instructions in http://www.noulakaz.net/weblog/2009/11/ … e-dns-323, with the exceptions that:
    A) fun_plug 0.7 offers the use of "slacker" to install packages, and the DNS-343 makes use of "arm" arch (not Oarm) - see http://www.inreto.de/ffp/0.7/arm/ for all the needed sources and packages to install fun_plug 0.7 on the DNS-343.
    B) To get authentication working, I had to use DHX2 module, which is configured in /ffp/etc/netatalk/afpd.conf by adding the following line (note the “…dhx2.so” and -cnidserver options)

Code:

“servername” -uamlist uams_dhx2.so,uams_clrtxt.so -setuplog “default log_info /ffp/var/run/afpd.log” -cnidserver

I then ran into the CNID problem, which as Woogie points out above, is due to a small build option… To fix this problem, I had to build DB5 myself. Here’s how (and a big thanks to Woogie for pointing me in the right direction!!!)

2) Set some environment variables (I added mine to root’s ~/.bashrc):

Code:

export FFP_ARCH=oarm
      export PATH=$PATH:/ffp/sbin
      export TMPDIR=/path/to/tmp/directory/for/builds
      export PKGDIR=/path/where/built/packages/will/be/written

3) Get all of the funpkg source (including DB5):

Code:

rsync -avP --delete ffp.inreto.de::ffp/0.7/src .

You should see a directory “src/db5”, with the following contents:

Code:

-rw-r--r--   1 nestoramaya 502      114 Dec 14 19:24 DESCR
      -rw-r--r--   1 nestoramaya 502       74 Dec  5 11:59 HOMEPAGE
      -rw-r--r--   1 nestoramaya 502       55 Dec  5 14:11 SRC_URI
      -rw-r--r--   1 nestoramaya 502      459 Dec  5 14:11 config.ffp
      -rwxr-xr-x   1 nestoramaya 502      603 May 29 19:17 db5.funpkg*

4) Next, I made a copy of the src/db5 somewhere outside of the src directory, just so it wouldn't get overwritten if I ever did another rsync.

5) Since the DB5 tarball is not pulled from the rsync in step #3, one must ftp it (i.e. db-5.2.36.tar.gz) from the reference given in the "SRC_URI" file. I placed the tarball in the same src/db5 dir.

6) Edit db5.funpkg and remove:

Code:

--enable-smallbuild \

7) Then run db5.funpkg… But you might get the error that I did:

Code:

configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
      See `config.log' for more details

8++) I installed some packages… Then kept getting the same or similar error to the one above… Then ended up installing almost every available package from fonz…

9) Success!!!  You should see db5-5.2.36-oarm-1.txz in the $PKGDIR configured in step #2 above.

Code:

cd $PKGDIR

10) Uninstall the “smallbuild” db5, if necessary:

Code:

funpkg -r db5-5.2.36-arm-1.txz

11) Install the new db5 package:

Code:

funpkg -i db5-5.2.36-arm-1.txz

12) Start/restart your AFP daemon,

Code:

kill <pid of cnid_metad>
      /ffp/start/afpd.sh restart

And voila! I can now securely access my DNS-343 as the user that I created, with the configured account password ☺

#39 2012-05-31 20:55:56

wizrdry

I built my own db5, and used slacker to install. To do this, however, you need to create your own checksum of the package and modify: /ffp/funpkg/cache/s/CHECKSUMS.md5.

Finally, no more CNID error. Sweet.

nestoramaya, were you able to use funpkg to install a .txz?

nestoramaya wrote:

11) Install the new db5 package:

Code:

funpkg -i db5-5.2.36-arm-1.txz

I get a tar error because of the txz format:

Code:

NAS /mnt/HD_a2/ffp/pkg/packages: funpkg -i db5-5.2.36-arm-1.txz 

gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
tar: Child returned status 1
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
FATAL: db5-5.2.36-arm-1.txz: Failed to unpack package

#40 2012-06-01 22:25:15

nestoramaya

wizrdry wrote:

I get a tar error because of the txz format:

Code:

NAS /mnt/HD_a2/ffp/pkg/packages: funpkg -i db5-5.2.36-arm-1.txz 

gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
tar: Child returned status 1
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
FATAL: db5-5.2.36-arm-1.txz: Failed to unpack package

Hi Wizrdry,

I did not run into this issue, and was able to install with a simple "funpkg -i" command, as I indicated in my post (it was copied from my shell's history).

Cheers,
Nestor

Last edited by nestoramaya (2012-06-01 22:26:28)

#41 2015-03-10 21:35:29

RedScourge

Has anyone noticed that line 37 of /ffp/start/sshd.sh is incorrect:

It reads:

if [ ! -f /etc/ssh/ssh_host_ecdsa_key ]; then

When it should probably read:

if [ ! -r /ffp/etc/ssh/ssh_host_ecdsa_key ]; then

Board footer