DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#101 2012-06-24 02:57:29

Willy

Re: DNS-323 Rsync Time Machine!

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I set up snapshot and editcron about a month ago. It works perfectly, except whenever I reboot the NAS, the job does not seem to get scheduled. I need to manually run editcron start. It's got me a bit stumped and I'm not sure how to troubleshoot it. editcron.sh is in /ffp/start with a+x set. No idea why it's not running. Is it possible that something else is cleaning up crontab after editcron has run?

#102 2012-06-24 12:41:02

scaramanga

Re: DNS-323 Rsync Time Machine!

Willy wrote:

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I set up snapshot and editcron about a month ago. It works perfectly, except whenever I reboot the NAS, the job does not seem to get scheduled. I need to manually run editcron start. It's got me a bit stumped and I'm not sure how to troubleshoot it. editcron.sh is in /ffp/start with a+x set. No idea why it's not running. Is it possible that something else is cleaning up crontab after editcron has run?

I think the problem may be that in those two cases (running the script manually from command-line and cron running the script) - the run environments are different. What I mean by that is that the PATH variable is probably set-up differently.

See my suggestions to a similar question on the previous page of this thread.

Last edited by scaramanga (2012-06-24 12:42:53)

DNS-323 HW Rev. C1 FW 1.10 fun-plug 0.5
2 x WD10EARS-00Y5B1 in Standard mode (LCC set to 5 min; Aligned to 4K)
Transmission with Transmission Remote GUI

Board footer