DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2007-06-26 18:02:58

vthinsel

Firefly: issue with smart playlist interface

Hello there,

I'm having issues with the pre-compiled firefly server, when trying to access the smart playlist interface. I'm asked for a user/pass.... any idea what I should throw in ?

Has someone compiled a more recent version by any chance ?

Anyway it works smoothly with a soundbridge in WiFi.

Thanks !

#2 2007-06-26 21:35:18

Apskaft

Re: Firefly: issue with smart playlist interface

vthinsel wrote:

Hello there,

I'm having issues with the pre-compiled firefly server, when trying to access the smart playlist interface. I'm asked for a user/pass.... any idea what I should throw in ?

Has someone compiled a more recent version by any chance ?

Anyway it works smoothly with a soundbridge in WiFi.

Thanks !

The configuration is in the /mnt/HD_a2/lnx_bin/mt-daapd.conf file. Check there for the user/pass - the admin password is default set to "mt-daapd". This is already stated in the Wiki.

For a more recent version, follow the instructions in the Wiki. Just modify the script called "build_firefly" to fetch the most recent version.

However, reading the changelogs from 1498 to 1586 gives barely no new features. Mostly problems getting FireFly running on Vista. The only interresting part is the "Fixes for regex problems on uclibc".

If it ain't broken - don't fix it.

/Apan - Submitter of instruction and the standalone "easy way" file.

#3 2007-07-11 14:40:32

vthinsel

Re: Firefly: issue with smart playlist interface

HI !

I got it solved. I just killed the process, start them again and then smart playlist got working. I'll check upon my next DNS reboot (uptime is one month now) what happens.

Thanks.
Vincent.

Board footer