DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2014-01-14 07:07:25

desigabri

Looking for zlib-devel package for DNS-323. Sources not found

hi, I searched all the night to find sources to compile zlib-devel package.
I'm tring to compile mldonkey with more option and I got the advise that I lack zliv or zlib-devel.

I compiled zlib-1.2.8-arm and oarm and i couldn't get the sources of the developer package sad

Any help or suggestion please?

#2 2014-01-14 12:03:49

Mijzelf
Member / Developer

Re: Looking for zlib-devel package for DNS-323. Sources not found

The zlib-devel sources are the same as the zlib sources. The difference is that the zlib package in many distro's only contains the 'runtime', /lib/libzlib*.so, while the -devel package contains the headers and .la files.

#3 2014-01-14 21:55:56

desigabri

thanks for the answer, not anough clear for me sad sad sad

into the zlib-1.2.8  package I've:

zlib.pc
zlib.h
zlib.3
zconf.h
lib.so.1.2.8
libz.so.1
libz.so
libz.a

the sources have more then 100 files which of them I've to chose and in wich way I can install them? and where?  no infos found sad sad sad

I found a zlib-devel archive but it contains this:

<usr>
    <include>
             zconf.h
             zlib.h

<lib>
         libz.a
             libz.dll.a
             <pkgconfig>
                         zlib.pc

I tried to package this in a tar.gz to  install it under ffp but nothing happened...(I mean it wasn't seen by "configure")
any suggestion?

Last edited by desigabri (2014-01-14 23:32:51)

#4 2014-01-15 20:12:48

Mijzelf
Member / Developer

Your libz package contains all files which are needed to compile/link zlib in a program, zlib.h and libz.a. libz.dll.a is a strange file, which I guess has something to do with Windows compatibility.
zlib.pc is a database file, which describes what and how to link. (Have a look inside. It should point to the actual path of several files.)

If your configure cannot find it, you'll have to specify it. Something like './configure --with-zlib=/ffp/lib/libz.so'. Try './configure --help'

#5 2014-01-15 22:50:49

desigabri

Mijzelf wrote:

Your libz package contains all files which are needed to compile/link zlib in a program, zlib.h and libz.a. libz.dll.a is a strange file, which I guess has something to do with Windows compatibility.
zlib.pc is a database file, which describes what and how to link. (Have a look inside. It should point to the actual path of several files.)

If your configure cannot find it, you'll have to specify it. Something like './configure --with-zlib=/ffp/lib/libz.so'. Try './configure --help'

nice , thanks I'll get a try

Board footer