DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2014-10-17 22:42:30

dom323

Trouble compiling C++ test program in ffpbuildenv for ffp 0.5

Hello, in my DNS-323 as fax server project, I'm getting stuck configuring HylaFAX+. Part of the configure script is a simple C++ test program. The test program is below:

Code:

#include <iostream>
int main(){ std::cout << "Hello World!" << std::endl; return 0;}

If I copy that source into a new file and run g++ on it, it compiles and runs with no problem. However, when I run ./configure via:

Code:

./Make.sh hylafax

I get the following error in config.log

Code:

/ffp/bin/g++        -D__ANSI_CPP__ -I. -I. -I. -I.//mnt/HD_a2/svn/ffpbuildenv/work/hylafax-5.5.5/hylafax-5.5.5/util  /ffp/include -g -O  t.c++
/ffp/include: file not recognized: Is a directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [t] Error 1

For some reason, it thinks /ffp/include is the file to be compiled (maybe?) and not part of the include path. I'm not sure if the double //mnt portion is part of the problem or not. Does anyone have enough knowledge of the ffpbuildenv to know where this is going wrong?

#2 2014-10-18 15:25:07

Mijzelf
Member / Developer

Re: Trouble compiling C++ test program in ffpbuildenv for ffp 0.5

Don't know what that 'Make.sh' does. But Hylafax+ has an abnormal configure. Normally you do something like

Code:

./configure --prefix=/ffp

for this package you have to edit the configure script, to set the prefix. (exchange all /usr/local/ by /ffp/).

I installed libjpeg, libpng and zlib from fonz, repository, compiled a libtiff myself. The package built. It expects a 'sendmail'. I compiled ssmtp. It also expects a 'gs'. That's a dragon. I hope you don't need it in your setup. I guess it's needed to render pages from text. (A fax is a bitmap, so to fax a document it has to be 'printed')

You can find it here. (I also added minicom).

According to the documentation, you'll have to run

Code:

sh /ffp/sbin/faxsetup

after installing the package.

#3 2014-10-20 23:52:35

dom323

Re: Trouble compiling C++ test program in ffpbuildenv for ffp 0.5

Wow, thank you so much for doing all of that. I can't tell you how grateful I am for all the time you put into this for me. I now have all the software I need to get this working. It does require gs (ghostscript) to work, and it was definitely a dragon smile, but I was finally able to get it to compile as an ffp 0.5 package. I haven't done much testing with it yet, but the binaries seem to run fine.

I'm still trying to test the whole setup, but I will follow up with that on our other thread.

Btw, just for reference, I finally discovered the problem I was having had nothing to do with the ffpbuildenv but was an issue with my configure parameters. I was passing "--with-TIFFINC=/ffp/include" to ./configure based on my understanding of the docs. In reality, TIFFINC wasn't necessary, and is meant to be command line parameters anyway (not a path).

Board footer