DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2016-02-17 10:42:17

kevinb

DNS-323 recover from failure - new partition not listed!

I've gotten to the last step 'How to fix a degraded RAID1 array', where I am supposed to select the new partition from the new drive to add to the existing (degraded) RAID array.

But the pull down to select a partition only shows the partitions already in the array, not the new ones. In my case, the existing 'good' drive is /dev/sda, and the new one is sdb. But the only partitions listed in the Component Operations pull down menu are sda2 and sda3. Since sda2 is already in the array, that doesn't help.

What did I miss? Do I need to format sdb2 before adding it? Is there some logfile I can look at to find possible errors?

Thanks,
Kevin

#2 2016-02-20 22:17:59

kevinb

Re: DNS-323 recover from failure - new partition not listed!

I still don't know why the menu didn't list the drive in question -- maybe a bug in Alt-F?... but I've been reading the Linux mdadm documentation and related websites. I logged in as root and did this:

mdadm --manage /dev/md0 -a /dev/sdb2

Obviously this needs to be adjusted depending on your particular partition tables. Now the status page says it is recovering -- it hasn't completed, but I thought I would post this here for others who straggle in with the same question.

Kevin

Board footer