DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2017-04-21 07:08:07

pbennett45

Package installation issues

Hey,

Got 0.7 on a dns-323.. been running for years, but never did that much with it outside of getting SSH running and getting miniDLNA running... that was all a few years ago, so I don't really remember whatever packages were prerequisites for miniDLNA, but I believe there were a few.

Trying to get some new stuff running now... and I'm hitting some problems.. not sure if they're all related...

First, I added 3 new repositories to the slacker list based on instructions on a couple sites:
mz    http://downloads.zyxel.nas-central.org/ … s/0.7/oabi
memiks    http://ffp.memiks.fr/pkg/oarm/
uli    rsync://funplug.wolf-u.li/funplug/0.7/oabi/packages

When it tried to download the checksum files from the http sites, it gave me an error that -N was not a supported option for wget.  I backed those out and now it's just the basic "S" repository listed.

"slacker -a" launches the installer interface, and have a bunch of things as if it's got a package list, but they're all just:
[ ] install 
with no package name next to any of them.

So I decided to try to download the packages I needed directly and try to use funpkg... just trying to get perl and the modules running.. so I downloaded them to:
/ffp/funpkg/packages/perl-5.14.2-oarm-2.txz
and
/ffp/funpkg/packages/perl-modules-5.14.2-oarm-1.txz"

But funpkg -i perl*    give me:
tar: invalid gzip magic
FATAL: perl-5.14.2-oarm-2.txz: Failed to unpack package

Anyway.. getting past my knowledge base here... any ideas?

Thanks in advance
-Paul

#2 2017-04-22 14:46:22

Mijzelf
Member / Developer

Re: Package installation issues

In both cases I think the firmware versions of wget and tar are called. The ffp version of wget supports the '-N' option, the firmware (busybox) version doesn't. The same if true for tar. You provide a txz file, which is xz compressed. The ffp tar supports that, but the firmware tar (also busybox) doesn't, and it seems it tries to gunzip it. (Although it's not clear to me how funpkg invokes tar).

Maybe your $PATH first has /bin and then /ffp/bin? In that case the wrong tools are invoked.

#3 2017-04-23 06:56:36

pbennett45

Thank you for the reply!  I was hoping that would be an easy fix.. unfortunately, the path variable looks to be correct below - right?

echo $PATH
/ffp/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/ffp/bin:/usr/bin:/bin

#4 2017-04-23 07:19:18

pbennett45

Additionally... hrrrmmm:

:/mnt/HD_a2/ffp/funpkg/packages# which wget
/ffp/bin/wget

:/mnt/HD_a2/ffp/funpkg/packages# which tar
/ffp/bin/tar

#5 2017-04-23 17:02:47

Mijzelf
Member / Developer

Can you post the output of

Code:

wget --help
tar --help
ls -l /ffp/bin/wget
ls -l /ffp/bin/tar

#6 2017-04-24 05:49:08

pbennett45

Thanks again for the help with this... would seem based on your previous posts this is incorrect. 

As I said.. I got ffp setup a few years ago and fumbled around reading online until I got miniDLNA running.  It's possible I followed instructions somewhere that screwed up my ffp setup.

Anyway - Thanks again - here's the info.

root@NET-SHARE:~# wget --help
BusyBox v1.12.1 (2008-09-29 20:38:04 CEST) multi-call binary

Usage: wget [-c|--continue] [-s|--spider] [-q|--quiet] [-O|--output-document file]
        [--header 'header: value'] [-Y|--proxy on/off] [-P DIR]
        [-U|--user-agent agent] url

Retrieve files via HTTP or FTP

Options:
        -s      Spider mode - only check file existence
        -c      Continue retrieval of aborted transfer
        -q      Quiet
        -P      Set directory prefix to DIR
        -O      Save to filename ('-' for stdout)
        -U      Adjust 'User-Agent' field
        -Y      Use proxy ('on' or 'off')

root@NET-SHARE:~# tar --help
BusyBox v1.12.1 (2008-09-29 20:38:04 CEST) multi-call binary

Usage: tar -[czjaZxtvO] [-X FILE] [-f TARFILE] [-C DIR] [FILE(s)]...

Create, extract, or list files from a tar file

Options:
        c       Create
        x       Extract
        t       List
Archive format selection:
        z       Filter the archive through gzip
        j       Filter the archive through bzip2
        a       Filter the archive through lzma
        Z       Filter the archive through compress
File selection:
        f       Name of TARFILE or "-" for stdin
        O       Extract to stdout
        exclude File to exclude
        X       File with names to exclude
        C       Change to directory DIR before operation
        v       Verbose

root@NET-SHARE:~# ls -l /ffp/bin/wget
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Nov  4  2012 /ffp/bin/wget -> busybox
root@NET-SHARE:~# ls -l /ffp/bin/tar
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Nov  4  2012 /ffp/bin/tar -> busybox
root@NET-SHARE:~#

#7 2017-04-24 22:28:40

Mijzelf
Member / Developer

Indeed something is screwed up. wget and tar are busybox applets, and it seems to be the busybox of ffp 0.5, seeing it's version and timestamp. In ffp 0.7 both are the 'full' versions. Maybe you somehow installed an ffp 0.5 fun_plug.tgz over your ffp 0.7 installation. Although I'd expect that to break everything except the contents of the ffp 0.5 tarball itself.

I think you can better start over with a clean install.

#8 2017-04-26 05:07:22

pbennett45

Alright... tucking my tail between my legs here, as I really do hate wasting people's time on message boards when I was just an idiot.... but I'm honestly as confused as I am feeling stupid...

I really did think I had installed 0.7.... it was probably ... ~4 years ago maybe...  so it's been a while and I don't do ALL that much with the added capabilities, so it's possible I'm getting old and confused :-) (mid 30s will get ya! haha)

I downloaded both the 0.5 and 0.7 fun_plug shell scripts and compared them to what was on my /Volume_1 and sure enough it's the 0.5 script... where I'm confused is... I didn't think the slacker package manager existed in the 0.5 package...  and it definitely is there, just can't find any installed packages.

Anyway.. I'm happy enough to start from scratch with a fresh 0.7 package... just confirm for me please, I'm looking at this upgrade tutorial:
http://bernaerts.dyndns.org/nas/72-dns3 … l-funplug7

The only thing I'm confused about... it goes through the process again of changing the root password and writing it to flash so it's non-volatile.  Isn't it still there from the first installation (apparently 0.5) that I did 4 years ago? 

Anyway - Thanks again - and again, apologies for perhaps wasting a bunch of your time here if I'm really just miss-remembering what version I had installed 4 years ago!

#9 2017-04-26 16:49:24

Mijzelf
Member / Developer

FFP 0.5 doesn't have slacker. So in your case I also would have thought it's ffp 0.7. (BTW, there is some text file in /ffp/etc/ which contains the right version).

You don't have to set the root password again. After installing ffp 0.7 just enable and start sshd, and see if you can login as root. If you can, you're done.

Board footer