DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2007-08-05 14:27:26

morbid

Firmware downgrade

Hello.
I have NAS323 with 1.04b21 firmware. I want to downgrade to 1.03 because of some problem saving files to the NAS directly from inside an application. It seems that most applications have problem saving a document on NAS with Save As command. Word doesn't saves the files at all. A message appears telling me out of memory or no disk space available. Paint saves the files but when i try to open them it opens a blank document saying no image available. The same with other programs. Few applications work such as wordpad. Now i want to downgrade to 1.03 because 1.04 is beta but i am afraid of BT downloader. Will i have any problem with this? i have install BT downloader from EasySearch Utility (3.7.0.0). If i downgrade to 1.03 will it be corrupted? Do i have to do something or just downgrade and everything works fine?

Thanks.

#2 2007-08-05 15:31:46

Focher

Re: Firmware downgrade

I downgraded and have experienced file corruption. And it seems to increase over time. My recommendation is to backup the data on the DNS while at 1.04 beta, then downgrade to 1.03, reformat the drives, and copy the data back. This probably won't avoid any corruption but will probably minimize it.

Board footer