DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2007-08-21 23:26:52

stevez

Suggestion - Bug Tracking

Hi All,

just an idea for improvement.
I read here in several threads about problems of a box and when a feature works and when not ...

I personally find it is not so simple to get an overview of the problems of e.g. the DNS-323

My suggestion is to setup an bug tracking tool. (e.g. Bugzilla, JIRA ...)
This is state of the are in software development. So why not tracking specific problem in such a database?

As long as D-Link support provide such a tool, let is set up in the community, and track problems. So everybody can get a fast overview of problems and don't not have to real several (duplicate) reports

What else are good / bad reasons to (not) setup this?

Lets vote for smile I say yes wink

Maybe it is possible to provide to service on this page ... but I don't know the admin smile

Greets

Steve

#2 2007-08-22 07:46:40

Apskaft

Re: Suggestion - Bug Tracking

We already have a 'known issues' page in the wiki. It's just a matter of contributing - which is extremenly easy in a Wiki. Just klick on [Edit] and start typing.

The problem is as always responsibility. When everyone is responsible - no one is responsible in reality. And I doubt that someone will voulenteer to the tedious task of bugtracking all the faults in the DNS.

So I suggest that everyone with a 'known fault' updates the Wiki.

/Apan

#3 2007-08-22 20:25:38

stevez

Re: Suggestion - Bug Tracking

Apskaft wrote:

The problem is as always responsibility. When everyone is responsible - no one is responsible in reality. And I doubt that someone will voulenteer to the tedious task of bugtracking all the faults in the DNS.
/Apan

I see, you are right!

Apskaft wrote:

So I suggest that everyone with a 'known fault' updates the Wiki.
/Apan

I saw this page page but I didn't understood all  on my first quick look. But yes I think it is a appropriate medium to track the "bugs" smile

Maybe my question helped a bit to support this page smile

thx

Board footer