DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2007-03-10 01:41:03

dcrosby

ppp.o for a VPN?

I'm playing with the idea of running some kind of a VPN so that I can access my local network securely from afar. I found some instructions for doing this with ssh and ppp, but the kernel on the NAS seems to lack ppp support. Apparently it can be loaded as a module, ppp.o. Does anyone have a binary of this that works on the NAS? Or does anyone know a better way to achieve what I'm after?

#2 2007-03-10 20:08:56

utilityboy

Re: ppp.o for a VPN?

i'm currently fowarding ssh to my dns323 over the web.  all is great, and i'm trying to get sshfs working (using macfuse).  unfortunately i can't get this to mount the volume correctly.  if it does work (speaking in the linux/mac world), i'll have a remote volume mounted via ssh over the web which looks local wherever i go.

#3 2007-09-14 10:35:08

hennemtk

Re: ppp.o for a VPN?

dcrosby wrote:

I'm playing with the idea of running some kind of a VPN so that I can access my local network securely from afar. I found some instructions for doing this with ssh and ppp, but the kernel on the NAS seems to lack ppp support. Apparently it can be loaded as a module, ppp.o. Does anyone have a binary of this that works on the NAS? Or does anyone know a better way to achieve what I'm after?

I'd like to bring this topic up again. Is there any way to get PPP working on the DNS 323? What would be needed and is it feasible at all?

This could offer a nice VPN-like solution.

Regards
Thomas

Board footer