DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2007-11-29 06:27:18

WindyCN

MLDonkey - Non-English Torrents

I've been having this recurring issue with MLDonkey where Chinese or Japanese torrent downloads simply disappear once they reach 100%

MLDonkey considers them 'finished' and clears them from the list, but the files themselves are nowhere to be found.

I've read around and I know that the system will tend to have trouble processing non-english charsets and so will come out with garbled filenames - which would've been fine. Anyway, I've used the built in downloader to download files from FTP with chinese filenames and they were all there with garbled names, but MLDonkey won't play with that. Instead, these files are getting to 100% and then vanishing without a trace. So far this has cost me some 10gb of downloaded data (in Australia, where internet bandwidth be expensive, this is a lot) all of which has disappeared faster than a politician's pre-electoral promises.

Currently, I'm using MLDonkey 2.9.1 on my DNS-323 with 1.03 FW, but the issue has been around since I used 2.9.0 and I'm not aware of 2.9.2 fixing it. Torrents with English filenames are downloading fine and saving into the incoming directory like good little children, but all the torrents in Japanese and Chinese are disappearing.

Wondering if anyone else has this problem and whether anyone has found a solution.

Cheers.

P.S. yes, I did find people suggesting I change the system language to chinese, but it seems to be a dodgy solution since I have filenames in Japanese and Chinese and I mainly use English files (the Japanese and Chinese files are for someone else who uses the share) and really don't need a Japanese or Chinese system language.

#2 2007-11-29 22:13:58

toni

Re: MLDonkey - Non-English Torrents

You can check the downloads during it is downloading - ./mldonkey/temp/BT..... If during download you can access these, than you should stop the commit process, what moves these files to incomming directory - download.ini, auto_commit=false. I would opt, that the commit process is making the bad move. After that, you can try to copy instead to move the files with the cp command (you need telnet for that), or you can rename the files replacing the special characters... Hope it helps.

Toni

#3 2007-11-30 01:37:13

WindyCN

Hmm...I didn't think of that.

However, when I lost the files I did check the temp folders and they were consistently empty so it seems these files are just not written at all. As far as I can tell, the data is downloaded and sent to fairyland...

At the moment I'm wondering if there are any files which are hidden from me since I'm reading an EXT2 drive from a windows computer with no EXT2 drivers...

EDIT:

Turns out the files are all apparently there, I had a look with the file browser in the scheduled download system and they all list, but viewing from an NTFS based system has them all hidden. I suppose I'll have another poke and see if I can make them visible to the naked eye.

EDIT2:

Right, the files are there, but everything I've tried to coax them out of hiding has so far failed. Installing EXT2 drivers on windows won't work, and I've tried stuffing around with permissions (I used telnet chmod to set the parent directory to 777, no luck making those ones show up).

So...does anyone know how to make these files unhide themselves?

Basically, the file browser in the DNS-323 config page will show them, and if I use the ls command via telnet they show up, but nothing I've tried will let me see them in explorer and fix them up. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by WindyCN (2007-11-30 02:52:13)

#4 2007-11-30 03:21:08

shadowandy
Website

Take a look at the sample code file completed command

You can modify the set of sample codes to chmod recursively. This way, files that have been downloaded successfully will be chmod 777 in the directories and files under the targeted directory. Do test it out and see if it works.

As a quick fix to your current hidden file problems. Type the following command chmod -R 777 /mnt/HD_a2/mldonkey/incoming

sample recursive chmod

#!/bin/sh
if [ -d "/mnt/HD_a2/mldonkey/incoming" ]; then
    chmod -R 777 /mnt/HD_a2/mldonkey/incoming
fi

SpeedStream 5660, DIR-655,  DNS-323, MLDonkey (DNS-323), DNS-343, DIR-300 Tips & Hacks

#5 2007-11-30 04:14:32

WindyCN

I tried the chmod command with the -R switch (that's just for recursive, right?) but it didn't seem to work on these directories.

Some observations:
- The last digit in the octal set (i.e. xx7) is for permissions for everyone if I remember right. My little experimenting seems to show that this one needs to be set to 7 for any files to even show up.
- The English files that I've downloaded will appear/disappear in response to the chmod command, but the files in Chinese/Japanese remain hidden. In future I will probably have to use a file_completed_cmd script to sort it out, but for now chmod 777 doesn't seem to affect them, even with the -R switch.
- The ls command will show these directories, but for some reason they refuse to show up, at the rate this is going I'm going to have to install linux just to see these sad

Thanks for the help so far guys, but I'm still strapped as to how to make these damn files show themselves...

Last edited by WindyCN (2007-11-30 04:24:16)

#6 2007-11-30 15:01:03

toni

Hi,

I would try to get the files as root via ftp. Ftp to your DNS box as root, get to the directory you have the downloads or the temp and try to copy... If it is not working, than you have a problem. Intalling a linux has little sense as you have a linux already on your DNS box, having another one wil not help... If there is a samba problem, than the ftp should solve that... You could send a screenshot from the result of "ls -l" in the dir we are talking about....

Toni

#7 2007-11-30 16:49:22

WindyCN

FTPing the files worked, thanks Toni. The filenames are also intact which is a nice bonus, thanks again for the help.

Also, I've noticed with MLDonkey I'll often get a lot of HDD activity but very poor download speed (ports are open, porttest succeeds and these are torrents with plenty of sources), I've modified downloads.ini and bittorrent.ini to allow more uploaders, but it's still inconsistent, don't suppose anybody knows why?

Board footer