DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2007-12-13 18:28:28

Zen Seeker

More than one folder for streaming...

I was running out of space for my video content on the first drive so moved the HD content to the second. Unlike my other NAS device we don't seem to be able to plug in a second folder to watch for media streaming.

Anyone know if this is planned for future updates? Failing that is it something that can be manually added to a config file or would it hang the service or management GUI at a later date?

#2 2007-12-14 10:49:07

hennemtk

Re: More than one folder for streaming...

Hi,
Are you using the built-in UPnP-server?
Have you tried to create a symbolic link in the original directory (pointing to the new directory on the other drive)? I assume it should work.

Regards

Thomas

#3 2007-12-14 15:54:05

Zen Seeker

Re: More than one folder for streaming...

No, I was hoping that I could do it through the web management tool. I can create the link or look for a config file to append but I don't want to run into issues later. I have Twonky on the other unit...might be better to just install it again. I'll try options over the weekend when I can find a few minutes.

hennemtk wrote:

Hi,
Are you using the built-in UPnP-server?
Have you tried to create a symbolic link in the original directory (pointing to the new directory on the other drive)? I assume it should work.

Regards

Thomas

Board footer