DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2007-01-25 22:02:51

JMG

Media center

I'm planning to buy some kind of media center and use DNS-323 as the server holding all my media files. Because of that I would like to get information on which media centers that works well with DNS-323. I've read that D-link DSM-320 works quite well with DNS-323. What about other media centers?

/JMG

#2 2007-01-26 08:22:23

Apskaft

Re: Media center

A plain old Xbox with a proper modchip installed running XBMC. There is nothing better. Works like a charm with the DNS-323 and plays whatever media you trow at it, except stuff destroyed by DRM. Heck, you can even play things stored in RAR files.....Nudge nudge, wink wink, know what I mean, know what I mean, say no more, say no more! A nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat!

XBMC mounts the DNS-323 over CIFS/SMB (Samba) and it's very simple to FXP between the Xbox and the DNS if you enable FTP on both. XMBC even have UPnP client (and recently a server too) if you prefer to have it that way though it I can't fingure out why you should go that way when CIFS is supported.

And, as you have the DNS-323 you don't even need to add a new HD in your Xbox.

Board footer