DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2009-02-26 18:46:43

RichTJ99

Setting nightly backup on DNS-323 with fun_plug installed?

Hi,

I would like to do a nightly backup every 3 days from Volume 1 to Volume 2.  I would like it to be a file by file backup.  Right now, the DNS volume 1 has a backup of my raid backup on my windows server.  I would like volume 2 to backup the volume 1 data every 3 days.  Is that possible? 

Could someone point me in the right direction?

I learned that if you have windows backup software that backs up to your raid drive, then that same software backs up your raid drive to volume 1 nightly, if you have data corruption on the Raid drive, it ruins all your backups.  If  I had an extra 24 hours, i wouldnt have lost data, so I would like the Volume 2 to be that extra piece of mind.

THanks,
Rich

#2 2009-02-26 20:07:55

luusac

Re: Setting nightly backup on DNS-323 with fun_plug installed?

sure its possible.  For timing of anything look up cron - there are loads of posts on this forum on how to use it and look in the wiki how-to for ways to do your backups, there are loads of threads on the forum too (look for "backup nightly" - I can't remember the exact title of the thread I have in mind, ah here it is: http://dns323.kood.org/forum/t1150-Tuto … night.html)

Board footer