DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2009-05-04 19:05:19

optical10

"

Hello, I'm wondering if anybody can help me? I am trying to remove a folder that I think is a leftover of the DL.exe virus problem I had a month or so ago. The folder resides on a Dlink NAS so I do not want a solution that involves formatting said NAS which has 750 GB Raid 1 in years of data including music files and directories which I would not be pleased if I had to rebuild the sake of one folder.

I have run CCleaner and have even added the offending folder directory on my network into the included advanced options are suggested in online help files from CCleaner website, but I believe that that option only includes any files within said folder directory so with a little something I came across the " REMOVESELF" file mask option but I can't for the life of me determine how to incorporate this file mask option into the window wizard options. So I was wondering if it could be the file format of the NAS at this file path that is causing the issue? "\\Dlink-a2402a\Volume_1\BT\complete\GAMES WITH ISSUES". I am pretty sure that it is a folder that I created and not one created by the dlink NAS itself, as I am able to rename it etc.

By the way the message I get when I try to remove the file is the dreaded "cannot remove folder GAMES WITH ISSUES: the directory is not empty" error box.

I have done an exhaustive search of the Internet through Google to try and find a safe mode/command product/Windows XP method of removing said folder but to no avail. So I'm hoping I will find a solution here if in fact CCleaner is the program that is right for the job. Here is a list of other programs I have used unsuccessfully Unlock.exe, ID Unlocker and Sdelete with its handy right click send to batch file from this website (http://snipurl.com/hc5a1). Here is a list of the anti-spyware and malware programs which have successfully removed any viruses etc, Malware Bytes, SUPER anti-spyware, Advanced System Care, Spybot Search and Destroy, Virgin Media PC Guard, so I'm 99.9% convinced that I have now removed any offending oceans and viruses.

Before I forget I have tried to take ownership of this particular folder in Windows Vista but I was unable to even as the administrator! In Vista I can also ascertain that the current owner is "root (Unix User\root)" which I don't understand that I am hundred % sure that I created this folder with a different name, so the owner should read (Dad5 (HP_LAPTOP\Dad5). In Windows XP pro mode I am able to rename the folder but I cannot change its attributes from "read-only" as when I think I have applied this option successfully it reappears!

I'm pretty sure this isn't a Dlink NAS file formatting issue but just in case I have submitted here in this dedicated dlink forum.
Any help or suggestions appreciated.

#2 2009-05-05 01:41:58

luusac

Re: "

optical10 wrote:

Before I forget I have tried to take ownership of this particular folder in Windows Vista but I was unable to even as the administrator! In Vista I can also ascertain that the current owner is "root (Unix User\root)"I'm pretty sure this isn't a Dlink NAS file formatting issue but just in case I have submitted here in this dedicated dlink forum.

This is your problem.  When you are accessing the box from vista you are not user "root".  The root user is the unix equivalent of the Windows "Administrator" user.  Note I said "equivalent".  It doesn't matter what your window username is, you will be accessing the file on the nas as nas user "Nobody".  The problem you have is that you are trying to do something to a file/directory that you do not own/have permissions to change.

I believe that this is a known bug in the dlink btorrent software.  Are you running f/w 1.05 on the nas?  I think the bug was fixed in f/w 1.06, but I haven't checked and I don't use BT myself.  Look in the f/w changelog for f/w 1.06 to see if it is fixed, or search this forum.

Now, to resolve your problem you need to get commandline/console access to the nas (as 'root') (kind of like a dos/command prompt) and either delete the file/directory or change the permission of the file to read/write for user nobody.

Look at the wiki for how to:telnet or how to: ffp to get a telnet server up and running, which will then enable console access.  If you haven't installed a telnet/ssh client on your windows boxes search for "putty" on the web and use that.  Once you have telneted or ssh'ed to the nas use the command 'rm' or 'chown' to change the ownership or permissions.  Do a google search for 'man rm' or 'man chown' or 'manpage rm' etc to see how these commands work ('man' = manual).  Remeber to disable the telnet/ssh server once you have finished unless you plan to use it further.

Last edited by luusac (2009-05-05 01:43:06)

#3 2009-05-06 18:01:54

optical10

dear luusac, thank you for your speedy and very detailed reply.

I upgraded to firmware 1.06 opener this would resolve the issue but alas it has not. The firmware does mention "9.Bugfix : BT downloaded files are unable to be deleted sometimes."

But because I am not talking about a file but a folder in the BT BitTorrent Folder I presume this is the same issue or if not I need to let dlink know that firmware #1.06 only fixes files deletion issue but not folders?

Now that you have reassured me that it is a known issue with the dlink #323 NAS I guess I'm happy to live with this inconvenience as long as I can rename it into a useful folder name and be reassured that the virus/malware issue I had isn't taking ownership of this folder and hiding a Trojan worm or virus?

Once again can I thank you for all your help :-)

#4 2009-05-06 18:57:21

Bobby

If you want to remove the folder, you could always enable SSH and use Putty to log in to the box and then

Code:

rm -fr Volume_1/Path to the folder you want to delete/

tongue

Last edited by Bobby (2009-05-06 18:57:48)

#5 2009-05-06 19:01:07

luusac

optical10 wrote:

I upgraded to firmware 1.06 opener this would resolve the issue but alas it has not. The firmware does mention "9.Bugfix : BT downloaded files are unable to be deleted sometimes."
But because I am not talking about a file but a folder in the BT BitTorrent Folder I presume this is the same issue or if not I need to let dlink know that firmware #1.06 only fixes files deletion issue but not folders?

I would expect that the f/w bug fix will preent this from happening in the future, but it won't fix the permissions of the files that are already on your disk.

optical10 wrote:

Now that you have reassured me that it is a known issue with the dlink #323 NAS I guess I'm happy to live with this inconvenience as long as I can rename it into a useful folder name and be reassured that the virus/malware issue I had isn't taking ownership of this folder and hiding a Trojan worm or virus?

I don't think it is caused by malware/virus from what you have said.

You can fix it by telnetting/ssh'ing to the box and issuing something along the lines of:

chown -Rc nobody:501 /mnt/HD_a2/BT
chmod -Rc 0777 /mnt/HD_a2/BT

This will reset the ownership to user nobody and permissions to rwxrwxrwx

Last edited by luusac (2009-05-06 19:01:30)

#6 2009-05-06 20:23:37

optical10

Bobby wrote:

If you want to remove the folder, you could always enable SSH and use Putty to log in to the box and then

Code:

rm -fr Volume_1/Path to the folder you want to delete/

tongue

sorry to be a pain but I'm getting the "500 ?" My usual above code:
rm -fr Volume_1/BT/complete/GAMES WITH ISSUES

this is the Windows file path:
"\\Dlink-a2402a\Volume_1\BT\complete\GAMES WITH ISSUES".
Am I using the correct/\syntax? Also I find with putty that I can only telnet onto the NAS. When I tried to Rlogin or SSH I am unable to use the commandline as the session seems to be slow or inactive?

Any help appreciated as I have tried to Google the "500 ?" With no joy, sad face.

#7 2009-05-06 21:11:54

mig

in the telnet command line try:

Code:

ls -la "/mnt/HD_a2/BT/complete/GAMES WITH ISSUES"

to see if the files are listed.  The parentheses are necessary since you have
spaces in you directory name.  If successful then try:

Code:

rm -fr "/mnt/HD_a2/BT/complete/GAMES WITH ISSUES"

DNS-323 • 2x Seagate Barracuda ES 7200.10 ST3250620NS 250GB SATAII (3.0Gb/s) 7200RPM 16MB • RAID1 • FW1.03 • ext2 
Fonz's v0.3 fun_plug http://www.inreto.de/dns323/fun-plug

#8 2009-05-06 21:59:37

luusac

optical10 wrote:

rm -fr Volume_1/BT/complete/GAMES WITH ISSUES

this is the Windows file path:
"\\Dlink-a2402a\Volume_1\BT\complete\GAMES WITH ISSUES".
Am I using the correct/\syntax? Also I find with putty that I can only telnet onto the NAS. When I tried to Rlogin or SSH I am unable to use the commandline as the session seems to be slow or inactive?

the \\Dlink-a2402a\Volume_1\ is a network path, but you are in a console on the box itself, so you need to use the local/disk/mount path - in this case there is no Volume_1

try using the following as your path

/mnt/HD_a2/BT

Board footer