DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2011-12-07 22:03:54

tanstaafl1963

User List deleted after updating from Web

Not quite sure what happened here.

I had attempted to access a folder on the dlink via my Patriot Box Office (PBO), which worked successfully the night before.  The saved username/password on the PBO wasn't changed by me, but failed.  Typically this will log into the DLink and take me to a list of folders that User Account can access.  Not so this time. After a manual attempt of entering username/password.

I had attempted to reset the password for the user from the dlink webpage. After that happened, all of the Users disappeared from the list.  Fortunately, the admin account was still there.
The Groups were still there, but not the Users.

Earlier in the day, my wife had attempted to access the DLink on her Windows 7 machine, but wasn't able to do so.  I didn't hear about until after I ran into the problem with the PBO.

So my two questions are:
1.  Has anyone got any ideas as to what the heck happened?  I saw this link which was similar but no responses. 

2.   Is a backup list automatically generated?  If not, what's the recommendation for doing so this time around ,in an attempt to learn from my mistakes  roll

TIA,

DNS-323 FW 1.09
2 2-TB Drives
Automatic  0.7.0 |  Transmission 2.42

#2 2011-12-11 17:24:53

tanstaafl1963

Re: User List deleted after updating from Web

bump..  Anyone?

DNS-323 FW 1.09
2 2-TB Drives
Automatic  0.7.0 |  Transmission 2.42

Board footer